Thread: Help Setting Up Exchange Account in Entourage

Help Setting Up Exchange Account in Entourage

Hi,

I just installed MS Office 2009 for mac and trying to setup Entourage. I'm trying to configure my email account, but fails miserably. I cannot find the "Work Offline" option in the Entourage menu and can not find anything about LDAP server - please help - it has driving me crazy.

Re: Help Setting Up Exchange Account in Entourage

The Exchange account in Entourage is really an IMAP account. It is necessary place to go in order to send emails from your client. If you have a regular SMTP server somewhere, you could try using that. Otherwise, you have have SMTP services running on the Exchange server, and give their address in the field in the configuration of Entourage.

To configure a Microsoft Exchange account automatically, you must have Microsoft Exchange account e-mail, and you may have the names of Microsoft Exchange server and the LDAP server if Entourage can not detect automatically. The Setup Wizard can not configure accounts all Microsoft Exchange accounts. If the Setup Wizard can not configure their accounts account, you must configure it manually.

1. Make sure your computer is connected to the network of your organization.
    2. In the Entourage menu, click Account Settings.
    3. Click the arrow next to New, and then click Exchange.
    4. If the new account screen, click Setup Assistant.
    5. In the Setup Wizard account, enter your e-mail address in the email address box, select the account is in my a check box on the Exchange server, and then click the arrow right to continue.
    6. Follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard accounts.

To configure a Microsoft Exchange account from outside your organization's network, you must have the following information with your account manager for Microsoft Exchange: Your email address, account ID, password, domain name server of your Outlook Web Access organization. You may also need the name or address of your public folders server and other information about the configuration of your organization's Microsoft Exchange Server. Also, if your organization is using two authenticationAuthentication factor requires two separate items or tasks to verify the identity of a user. For example, a system using two-factor authentication might require a certificate, and a password to access network resources. Two-factor authentication is often used in high security environments such as banks and government institutions., May be necessary to add a client certificate.

1. In the Entourage menu, click Account Settings.
    2. Click the arrow next to New, and then click Exchange.
    3. If you see Setup Account Assistant, click Configure account manually.
    4. In the Account Settings tab in the Account Name box, type the name you want to use to refer to this account in Entourage.
    5. Under Personal information, type the name and email address to use.
    6. The name you type appears in the "From" field of emails to send to the account.
    7. Click Use my account information and then enter your account number, domain and password.
    8. Note: Kerberos authentication does not work if the computer is outside your organization's network.
    9. In Server Information in the Exchange server box, type the server address in Outlook Web Access, for example, mail.example.com.
    10. If your company uses Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, paste in the URL of the Web page used to access Outlook Web Access, for example http://mail.example.com/exchange.
    11. Note In most cases when connecting from outside your organization's network, you must select DAV This service requires a secure connection (SSL).
    12. To add a client certificate for two-factor authentication, click the Advanced tab, and then client certificate-based authentication, click Select.
      Note: If your authentication certificate is located in a smart card, be sure to insert the card into the reader before clicking Select.
    13. To set digital signing and encryption options, click the Mail Security tab, and then choose the options you want.