Thread: Zune Installation error "Microsoft update is required"

Zune Installation error "Microsoft update is required"

hi, one of my friend has bought a new Zune HD player last week. And hence, as he need Zune software as well, he downloaded the setup file and tried to install it on his Windows Vista computer. While installing the Zune software, the installation gets failed and gives an error message saying,"Microsoft Update is required." Both of us don't know why the error is occurring. Could you guys please help us out of this? I appreciate your help.

Re: Zune Installation error "Microsoft update is required"

Many users get this error while installing Zune for the first time on their computer. This because Microsoft Update is required in order to check for updates. These updates are necessary because it improve your computer’s health and security. Regularly update your computer with the latest software from Microsoft to boost the security and reliability of your Windows PC.

Microsoft Update is easy to set up and use. Download and install updates automatically, or customize the choices that are right for you.

To resolve this Zune installation problem, follow these steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Visit this Microsoft Web site.
    3. If you have not previously done this, click to "opt in" for Microsoft Updates.
    4. Next, check for updates, and then install any high-priority updates that are found.
    5. Reinstall the Zune software.

Every month, Microsoft releases new drivers and software that increase the performance and functionality of your Windows-based computer. Get enhancements as soon as they are available using Microsoft Update.

Remember that you must install the Active X control to make Zune work properly. To do this, follow the instructions on the screen or follow these steps:
    • Right-click the Internet Explorer information bar, which is located below the address bar.
    • Click Install ActiveX Control.
    • In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.

Hi,

I had this similar problem and guess what.. I have found a sloution. I installed the Windows Installer 3.1 from Microsoft site and then ran the Zune setup. THis time it worked (by downloading the updates from internet).
    Hope you too can get it resolved.

Cheers,
    Krishna.