Thread: itunes 9.0 problem

itunes 9.0 problem

I recently downloaded iTunes 9.0.1 on my machine. When I connect my ipod it seems normal but when I open Itunes I get an error message "The Software Required for communicating with the Ipod is not installed correctly. I also receive a wierd windows startup error message if I leave the Ipod connected when the computer is restarting I received a messing stating "Unknown wireless device connected please remove and restart" or something like that keep in mind this is only an Ipod 160gb video not an Iphone. Does anyone have an answer as to how to solve this itunes 9.0 problem? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Re: itunes 9.0 problem

I have the same problem, but you can also use shift-cmd-m to select the mini player. If you installed the 32 bit version of iTunes, which is all you can do without hacking, you will not get the 64 bit drivers for burning or the iPhone.

Apparently iTunes 9 has some issues with large iTunes Libraries. Usually I have had a lot of problems when upgrading but doing it in the order as you detailed worked perfectly. I upgraded and it told me that the registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for burning CDs and DVDs are missing, and this can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software, and further I should reinstall iTunes.

According to me it seems that iTunes 9.0.1 didn't got downloaded on your system. There might be some files missing due to which you must be facing such issues. I think you go to the apple website and then try to download it gain on your machine. Then reinstall iTunes 9.0.1 that you previously installed on your machine and then try to install iTunes 9.0.1 that you recently downloaded from Apple website.