Thread: NERO 8 CoverDesigner printing-issue

NERO 8 CoverDesigner printing-issue

I'm running Windows xp as my operating system. I had also installed Nero 8 on my system. Recently i had created a DVD-inlay using Nero CoverDesigner v.3.2.3.0. Everything was going just fine until the last step (of course), printing it out. Now the problem was when i select print, it prints out a completely blank page. This is NOT an issue with the printer or the pc, but i think the problem is with my PROGRAM. So, can any one tell me that why i'm having NERO 8 CoverDesigner printing-issue on my pc? Does any body knows about it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: NERO 8 CoverDesigner printing-issue

I think you need a special version or a plugin to use LightScribe functionality in Nero Cover Designer. hough the work in Nero CoverDesigner is very similar to working in an image editor, the set of tools is quite limited. The list on the left hand side consists of a selection tool, line, rectangle and ellipse drawing instruments, two text tools (artistic and text box), image inserting tool and field tool.

What size are the images you've used for the cover, and are they jpg? I'm using V8 without problem. Try opening cover designer using the .exe file instead of smartstart. Also make sure the def.dat file is present in the folder. If the images are too big, you can reduce their size to under 500kb without losing any detail.

It works like this, go to start CoverDesigner and choose a template. Then go to "File"-->"Preferences" and open the tab "Paper Stocks". Now you need to select the templates you don't want to print. Then you need to disable the option "Print elements by default". That's it. Or you used VSO Image Resizer on every picture, re-loaded them into the template and saved. This time it printed perfectly.