Thread: Database Daemon Fatal Error in Entourage 2008

Database Daemon Fatal Error in Entourage 2008

Hi,

Every time I open Entourage, I get the error message "Database Daemon Fatal Error" and need to close it. I am using Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac. I tried removing and re-installing Office, but each time I open Entourage I keep getting the same message: the Database Daemon has encountered an unknown error. I am using Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac.

Re: Database Daemon Fatal Error in Entourage 2008

At startup, Hold down the Shift key, it looks like "Extensions Off" when you start your Mac, this allows Entourage to launch without crashing in situations like this. You could then disable the preview pane and try to delete the messages. If this fails, I would recommend rebuilding the database. However, before I come back, I want to create a new identity, enter the account information and check for problems there. If you do, then you need to remove cutting through your browser.

This error probably means that the database corruption. I would recommend rebuilding database, but first do this quick test. As with any procedure, such as rebuilding, it is a good idea to do a backup before running. Your data should not be deleted, but if something goes wrong this process data could be lost. To be doubly sure, to double its identity Finder folder before rebuilding.

During the rebuilding process, the old files are renamed in case of some why reconstruction was not successful. After you rebuilt the database and verify the performance of the application, you can delete the old version from your hard drive. Do not throw these files unless you are satisfied with the rebuilding.