Thread: DVD burning software issues

DVD burning software issues

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that when i try to burn movies that are widescreen and when i select wide screen format and it automatically makes it full screen. Can any one tell me that why i'm having such DVD burning software issues on my pc? Any idea why it is doing this? Please provide me the correct way.

Re: DVD burning software issues

I have a sony dru-710a and i can burn movies just fine with dvdshrink. The drive has a list of burning strategies for each media stored in the firmware, so it is hardware dependent, the software simply sends commands to the burner and a stream of data to its buffer.

Check, double-check, and triple-check your jumper settings. There can be exceptions when a burning software is poorly written and for some reason does not stream the data at a steady pace, but that is more dependant on the system settings and drive. Depending on the MB and device, Cable Select might not work. I always use Master/Slave configurations to avoid conflicts. Set the HDD as Master and the DVD as Slave.

Normally all softwares that are compatible with Windows Vista should work well. Some HDDs have Master with Slave Following jumper settings, so examine the chart (should be attached to the HDD or etched in) carefully to insure it's correctly jumpered. By converting to the Nero burn plug-in, you will no longer be able to use the Roxio or Gear plug-ins. Once you convert, you will not be able to restore back. Proceed only if you are sure you wish to convert to Nero. If the DVD's on its own IDE channel make sure it's set to Master.