Thread: Nero issue can't burn mp3 to DVD

Nero issue can't burn mp3 to DVD

I have installed Windows Xp along with Nero 5 on my machine. Now the problem is that when i try to to play the tunes from the disk on a few media players on my computer I get a "file type not supported" error. Just few days back i had burned a 4.1 gig of mp3's to a DVD+R using the Nero express module. The source mp3's on my hard drive work but it seems that when I burned to the DVD the files were distorted. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such nero issue on my pc? Why i'm not able to burn mp3 to DVD? Does any body knows about this issue? Please help em out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Nero issue can't burn mp3 to DVD

In Nero, after you have added the files you are going to burn, you click next and you are offered to title the cd, artist name, etc. and you are given the option of what speed you wish to burn at. Where were the mp3's originally from? When you play them on your harddrive, which program are you using? If you set at lower speed and then it goes back to 40x when burn starts, then this has nothing to do with Nero software. What are the specifications of your drives?

There are two ways to approach the set of problems you are having; one is to look for software conflicts and "hidden" installs that could be interfering with them. A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Otherwise, if the problem continues, I'd just remove and reinstall them.

You most often get this error with poor media. Right click My Computer - Properties - Hardware - Device Manager - DVD/CD-Rom drives. There is only a very small area for the drive to calibrate the laser, usually this is ample for decent media (ie a strategy is found the drive is happy and burning continues). There you will find manufacturer and model# of installed drives. If you receive the "Power calibration error" or "Power calibration area is (amost) full" error message, the cause will be either poor media, poor power, or a defective recorder.