Thread: SearchSettings.msi Error in Windows

SearchSettings.msi Error in Windows

Hi,
    I was trying to install a application in my computer. After installation when I run the same it pops out a error message which showed up that searchsettings.msi is missing. The software has a series of utility. I re-installed the entire application back again. But still after that when I run it the same error is the result. I need some solution for this. The thing I know here is a .msi package is associated to Windows installation file. So here it means that some system files is either not present or deleted. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: SearchSettings.msi Error in Windows

Try to run a system restore process. Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. In the list select a old date and run it. Then again install the application. Get proper add ons for the same like .net, java, etc. After that if still the problem continuous then click on Start > Run. Tye sfc /scannow. It will scan the system for windows protected files. Insert Windows disc if prompted.

You can simply remove the the application from your system. Open Control Panel and click on Add Remove program. In the list look for Search Settings. Uninstall the same and reboot your system. After that try to install your application back again. Once installed run it and check. You can restore back the old setting by running system restore utility in case of any further error.

Search Settings is a small utility which is located in the Windows directory. Press Ctrl + F and search for the file. Delete the same. Also if you Dealio toolbar installed in your computer then the problem lies here. First try to remove by using Add Remove program. Then delete all the folders related to the toolbar from program files.