Thread: Convert iTunes M4P to MP3

Convert iTunes M4P to MP3

I recently download m4p file for my 8 gb apple ipod and now i want to convert m4p file format in to mp3 music. Do i need to install any software or any setting in itunes like rename and change file extension ...

Re: Convert iTunes M4P to MP3

To convert M4P to MP3 you need to download and install Protected Music Converter. It can convert wide range of protected music formats to most common unprotected formats like MP3, OGG, WMA, WAV. You can also use NoteBurner, it is a versatile music converter that can be used as MP3 music converter, AAC audio converter, WAV to MP3 converter, M4A to MP3 converter, and RM to MP3 converter.

TunePat is a program that can be used to convert music files, MP3 downloads or even iTunes Music Store songs to other, more compatible formats and Tune4Mac M4P Converter is a powerful M4P to MP3 music converting tool for Mac OS X.

To convert m4p file to mp3 you need to download Tunebite. With Tunebite you can quickly get unprotected MP3, WMA, WAV files ready for use on any media players. TUNEBITE converts protected WMA, M4B, M4P, WMV, M4V, AAC.

Mykies Guest

Yeap, tunebite is pretty interesting, I've just bought it and until now works like a charm, converted all the files I needed and begun to download some new music and videos from youtube..
    Also it records movies, didn't have time to try this feature, I'm still playing with it, but it'd be perfect to have all the movies and music I want on my pc.

Most songs sold through the iTunes Store are encoded using FairPlay-encrypted 128 kbits/s AAC streams in an MP4 wrapper, using M4P extension. To convert M4P to MP3 you need to download and install Protected Music Converter.

Try TVC [Total Video Converter], It converts files from any format to any other possible format you can images. But make sure you convert music to music and video to video, Also Video to music is possible...

Mykies Guest

Back with details about recording movies with tunebite. seems to do a good job, it records movies from streaming online video sites like hulu and also it can capture the rtmpe encrypted files.

workholic Guest

u could download some video converter pro from the internet, if u were afraid of spyware, u could try iFunia video converter pro for Mac.I am always using it. xilisoft is the other choice, i just only know two brand of video converter, my friends is using Aneesoft video converter for Mac, she told me its free and easy to use. but i dont know, coz i always use iFunia.
    I hope such advice will help u~

To convert iTunes m4p to mp3 you can use the following media convertor: tuneraft.com
    It converts both protected and unprotected audio/video files and is very easy to use.
    Last edited by rupesh; 24-03-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Link removed

I use MelodyCan. It is the best, easiest and fastest converter I found. You can try it)