Thread: Internet Explorer 8 cannot use Windows Authentication through reverse proxy

Internet Explorer 8 cannot use Windows Authentication through reverse proxy

Hello,
    I have problems with IE8 is trying to connect to a site via a reverse proxy server.When I try to use IE8, I get a prompt asking for my username and password. This prompt indicates that Internet Explorer tries to connect to the reverse proxy.domain-name.com.I can not access the site.Can you help me out?? Any suggestion?

Re: Internet Explorer 8 cannot use Windows Authentication through reverse proxy

When a user uses a web browser to access and authenticate with the reverse proxy server, the reverse proxy server must send an authentication cookie to the browser. All HTTP requests following a Sametime client will then pick up the cookie and use it for automatic authentication with the reverse proxy server.If When a user uses a web browser to access and authentication to reverse proxy server, the reverse proxy server must send an authentication cookie to the browser. All HTTP requests following a Sametime client will then pick up the cookie and use it for automatic authentication with the proxy server.Explicit reverse, which include manual configuration IE (or group policies) and files CAP.

The administrator must specify a timeout value waiting long for authentication cookies generated by the reverse proxy server.
    If the authentication cookie expires when the user participates in a meeting, the user is disconnected from the meeting. To be readmitted to the meeting, the user must go through the inconvenient process of reconnecting to the reverse proxy reauthenticating with the reverse proxy, and expects that the Java applets to be loaded in the browser.
    Setting a value of long waiting time for authentication cookies can prevent unexpected user disconnections due to expire the cookie authentication. Generally, the authentication cookie should be valid for the duration of the longest meetings that are regularly conducted on the Sametime server deployed behind the reverse proxy server.When you browse the Internet via a proxy server that requires authentication Distributed Password (DPA), Internet Explorer prompts for Proxy Authentication Multiple times.To resolve this problem, install Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 2 or Internet Explorer.

Adding authentication to the proxy policy can bring many benefits. Logs show usernames instead of just IP addresses, and user / group policies can also be created. This article gives an overview of what is necessary to authenticate users and different ways to do it.The first step in any implementation of authentication is how the proxy is deployed.Authentication for proxies is most explicit simply because the browser is aware that there is a proxy in the path and most browsers know how to handle proxy authentication. In addition, HTTPS requests have a clear text "Connect" request to the proxy that is easy to authenticate. For browsers explicit, the proxy sends a HTTP 407 (proxy authentication) for HTTP and HTTPS requests.