Thread: Import Illustrator pages into QuarkXPress

Import Illustrator pages into QuarkXPress

Hello,

I have some pages with some pictures and formatted text in Illustrator 8. Now I want these pages exactly as in Xpress. I understood that you could not import AI files into Xpress, so I've created an EPS file and imported so the entire page. Only the 'picture' looks grainy. I do it so well, and see you in print that no more grain?

Has anyone else an option to illustrator pages in Quark to import?

re: Import Illustrator pages into QuarkXPress

You can import the file into InDesign or Illustrator can save the Illustrator file as an EPS and import it into Quark. You can cut and paste from Illustrator into InDesign, but some effects illustrator could not succeed.

Illustrator EPS file preview not well in Quark Xpress, and will not print at full quality unless you are using a PostScript printer. The only other way to reliably print quality EPS files in total non-PostScript printer will become a Quark document to PDF before printing.

Do not worry. By creating an eps image is a screen embedded in a resolution of 72 dpi. You use this image only for the file to correct place.
    Later in the making of the film is effectively controlled by high-resolution image and you see nothing of that grittiness.

CAUTION! If you do not have a PostScript printer can not print a good gain on your own printer, because in a regular inkjet printer will display only the image is printed.

There is a plug-in (for Quark 6) that elevate the quality of the screen image can improve (you get this plug-in for free if you buy Quark 6).
    Do you want your printer to a good result you need from your Illustrator file as a PSD or TIFF for export, then import into Quark and then your home can make a good print.