Thread: Itunes download Error 8008

Itunes download Error 8008

Hi,

I buy lots of iTunes music and some television programs and movies, while trying to download, I have a message halfway through the download on the file to me damaged and maybe re-download, but every time I download the file I get the same error 8008 - I contacted Apple, but I have not had a response yet ... anyone know what is this?

Re: Itunes download Error 8008

I think, it gives error message, if the file server Apple has been changed. In the small chance that Apple actually fixes these files (some are fixed faster than others, depending on the number of complaints, I suppose), still have 8008 error until you delete the temporary file.

Download the movie for a while, pause it, make a backup of partial discharge, and then again continue. If you get the error, delete the corrupted file in "Downloads", replace with my backup, and continue from that point rather than starting all over.

You may receive error 8008 when downloading some videos you've purchased from the iTunes Store. This dialog may appear if your purchase has been damaged during the "Processing" step of the download.

Follow the instructions below to remove the damaged file from iTunes:
    1. Navigate to the iTunes "Downloads" folder on your computer. By default, this folder can be found in the following locations:
    * Mac: /Users/username/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Downloads
    * Windows Vista: \Users\username\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Downloads\
    * Windows XP and 2000: \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Downloads\
    2. Locate the folder that contains the partially-downloaded purchased video.
    * Mac OS X and Windows Vista: The folder will be named for the purchased video, and the name will end with .tmp (Example: The Dundies.tmp).
    * Windows XP and Windows 2000: The folder will be named for the purchased video, and the name will end with .m4v.tmp (Example: The Dundies.m4v.tmp).
    3. Move the .tmp folder for the affected purchased video to the Trash or Recycle Bin.
    4. Open iTunes.
    5. Choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
    6. Enter your account name and password and click the Check button.