Thread: How to install the Digital Camera Solutions Disk software in XP

How to install the Digital Camera Solutions Disk software in XP

Hi, i am a Windows XP user. Last week i bought a canon PowerShot E1 digital camera from one of my friend. Its really a cool camera i can say. Now i wanted to install the Digital Camera Solutions disk software on my Xp so that i connect and explore the device on my computer screen. Could you guys please guide me how to do the same? Help appreciated.

Re: How to install the Digital Camera Solutions Disk software in XP

Installing Digital Camera Solutions Disk software on Windows XP is very simple. Here is how to do:-

• Close all programs that are running.
    • Place the Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk in the computer's CD-ROM drive.The installer panel will appear automatically.
    • In the installer panel, click the Easy Installation button under Digital Camera Software.
    • Click Install.
    • Read the software license agreement and click Yes if you consent to all the conditions. The installation will begin.
    • Once installation is complete click Next.
    • Select [Restart] dialog box, and click Finish.
    • Remove Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk from the CD-ROM drive when your normal desktop screen appears after restarting.

Once you finished installing the software from Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk, you need to connect the camera to the computer to complete the software installation. To do so, just go through these steps:-

1. Connect the computer's USB port and the camera's Digital Terminal with the supplied USB cable.

2. You do not need to shut off the computer for this step, but set the camera's power switch to <OFF> until the camera is connected to the computer.

3. Set the camera's mode switch to <Replay> and turn the power <ON>.

4. After a few moments, the balloon [New Hardware Found Canon Digital Camera] will appear for a while on the right-bottom of the display.

5. The Event dialog may appear, allowing you to select an application to start.

6. Click [Cancel] if you do not import images from the camera now.

7. The software installation is complete.

You need to follow these precautions when connecting the camera to the computer:-

• Connect the camera directly to the computer with a USB cable.

• The connection may not operate correctly if you are using other USB devices, excluding USB mice or keyboards, at the same time.

• If this occurs, disconnect the other USB devices from the computer and try reconnecting the camera to the computer.

• Do not connect two or more cameras to the same computer via the USB interface. The connections may not operate correctly.

• Please refer to the [Camera User Guide] supplied with your camera for instructions on how to connect the camera and attach/detach the cable.

• Please make sure that the software installation has been already completed.