Thread: Media player not working even after restored

Media player not working even after restored

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently my Windows Media player was not working well, so i had restored to its original settings. Even after restoring to its original settings, my Media player doesn't seems to be working well. can any body tell me that why does my Media player not working even after restored? Any body have any idea about it? Please provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Media player not working even after restored

According to me, the best way to do a system restore is on safe mode. For that you need to press your F8 key, when your machine get start up. Then when you are on windows (safe mode) you will be asked if you want to restore the system. At that time your need to restore the system and then need to restart your machine.

Did you install any new programs? Were there driver updates that you installed? It should be held up there by a driver that won't shut down cleanly. You can press Stop previous to closure to make it stop, of course. Go to Control Panel (Classic view) --> Problem Reports and Solutions. In the left hand pane, click "View problem history". Right click on the relevant problem and select "View problem details". The problem or error happens because when enabling Internet tethering by loading a new Mobileconfig configuration profile, a new .ipcc (carrier settings) file that enables the tethering, but disables the Visual Voicemail and/or MMS is been installed.

This could be caused by an unstable codec installed (I have had experience with that). You might try running "sfc /scannow" from "cmd.exe". For that you must be Administrator to do so. First try removing all codecs (this can be hard though sometimes as all of them cannot be removed with Add/Remove Programs or with Uninstall), if it doesn't work, reinstall Windows and as the first thing you do after the, install Media Player.