Thread: Compaq Presario CQ40 Xp sound driver problem

Compaq Presario CQ40 Xp sound driver problem

Recently i had bought a new Compaq Presario CQ40 laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm facing problem while installing the sound driver on my Compaq Presario CQ40 laptop. I even tried to install it manually, but it didn't work. When i try to run the setup, it gives out me the following error message (_ExitError: error=device object not present restart system ) on my desktop screen. Why i'm having Compaq sound driver problem on my Presario CQ40 Xp laptop? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Compaq Presario CQ40 Xp sound driver problem

Compaq Presario CQ40-133TU is an Intel based laptops from the house of HP-Compaq. Install the essential driver only, chipset, graphic, modem, sound and wireless, others for me is optional. The problems cause by one of the driver you used, you can test which driver caused the failure by installing the driver one by one and after each installation plug in your flash drive you will know which driver is not compatible.

I just found the solution for that just downgrade your bios to f11. Hp has deleted the file from its site. Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly. Follow the below steps mention, in order to install sound driver on your Compaq Presario CQ40 Xp laptop.

1. First of all you need to click on Start and then select Run. Now you need to type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    2. After that right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
    3. Then you need to select "Install from a list or specific location"
    4. Afterwards you need to click on Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
    5. then you need to click on Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
    6. After that you need to click on Next and then click Have Disk.
    7. then click on Browse C:\swsetup\sp34200 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2a) file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.

You need to check the instalation of MS-UAA. Choose ich9 driver is base to Cnpaq CQXX-XXX"TU" or "AU" since both model are similar, normally it will work. Check in Device Manager under System Devices to see if MS UAA installed properly. There should be a listing for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. You will get the drivers for the mentioned pc on your manufacturer official website.