Thread: disconnect session

disconnect session

how do i change a Group policy setting which will allow that your session be disconnected (data is saved in the state of disconnection) rather then logged off, this will allow you to log onto another computer in your office and will be in the same state as your previous login session

Re: disconnect session

You Can Check this Settings for the disconnect session

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal Services

Local Computer Policy\User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal Services

You can use the tsdiscon command to disconnect an active Terminal Services session. The session remains attached to the Terminal Services server in a disconnected state. Programs that are currently in use continue to run. For more information on the above issue, you can check out the following link. You’ll need to make sure that screen is installed on the server you are connecting to. If that server is Ubuntu or Debian, just use this command:
    sudo apt-get install screen
    To disconnect (but leave the session running), Hit Ctrl + A and then Ctrl + D in immediate succession. You will see the message [detached]

should it now do what i need it to

i changed the following

allow reconnection from original client only = disabled
    terminate when time limits are reached = enabled

You can disconnect your own sessions, but if you want to disconnect nother user's session, you must have Full Control access permissions. You cannot disconnect the console session.

currently when a user is logged into to a pc and he goes to the other end of the factory and logs in to another pc logs him out of his previous pc and starts a new session on the current pc.

i want to disconnect the session from the 1st pc so when he logs into the 2nd pc he is able to continue his work that he left open from the 1st pc