Thread: Exchange 2003 The SSL certificate server name is incorrect id no: c103b404

Exchange 2003 The SSL certificate server name is incorrect id no: c103b404

Just started playing with this botched migration of Exchange 2003 yesterday and I came across serveral problems. I am thinking that the Public Store folders (and everything else) were not properly migrated over to the "new" (3 or 4 years ago) exchange server. All email is working however I do get some Sync Errors which are related to OAB. (Microsoft Exchange offline address book Not downloading Offline address book files. The public folder server could not be reached. 0X8004011D) I've managed to create a new public store under First Administrative Group>Servers>MyServer>>First Storage group> Public Folders and linked that to the Public Folders under Folders of the First Administrative Group. Now the problem is that when I Right Click on Public Folders Under "First Administrative Group" and "connect to", the public stores list is empty. When I try to "View System Folders" I get the error message "The SSL certificate server name is incorrect id no: c103b404 Exchange Syatem Manager"
    Now I've been to many forums and they told me to remove the SSL (443) from the exadmin (asdiedit.msc), however it's not there. I do no believe we have IIS "enabled" (in use) on any of the other servers but it is installed on one other machine (Server 2000) and there is no exadmin property to modify on that default website. (which is the only one). I'm stumped...

Re: Exchange 2003 The SSL certificate server name is incorrect id no: c103b404

You need to ensure that REQUIRE SSL is not enabled on the /exadmin virtual directory, as it will cause that error. If you want, you can also check out the following link. This error occurs when trying to view Public Folders in the Exchange System manager when he SSL certificate name differs between the FQDN and the local server name. The Exchange System Manager will not allow you to view the public folders as it believes the folder name to be incorrect. Hope so it may help you out.

as I have mentioned in the original post " I do not believe we have IIS "enabled" (in use) on any of the other servers but it is installed on one other machine (Server 2000) and there is no exadmin property to modify on that default website. (which is the only one)."

You receive an SSL Certificate error message when you try to view public folders in Exchange System Manager. The solution seems to be to remove SSL requirement for that particular folder in the IIS Manager. If that doesn't work out then the end solution is to use the ADSIEdit utility manually in order to stop the Exchange System Manager from using SSL.

Quote Originally Posted by chroma View Post
    You receive an SSL Certificate error message when you try to view public folders in Exchange System Manager. The solution seems to be to remove SSL requirement for that particular folder in the IIS Manager. If that doesn't work out then the end solution is to use the ADSIEdit utility manually in order to stop the Exchange System Manager from using SSL.
    We are not running IIS, checked ADSIEDIT already, it's not configured using SSL. I believe I said that in the first post. Sorry for not being specific. Thanks