Thread: What codecs are Needed to play MKV with Subtitles in WMP

What codecs are Needed to play MKV with Subtitles in WMP

Hello, I have a Problem , I cannot read the Mkv Files on my computer , i want to play the mkv files with subtitles from Windows Media Player 11 , but for now I cannot read the file and cannot find the codec on the internet. So if someone please tell me what codec is needed to play the mkv files in windows media player , i would be really grateful , Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: What codecs are Needed to play MKV with Subtitles in WMP

K-Lite Codec Pack Full ,This codec pack contains everything you need to read files with audio and video formats most popular Divx Pro, Xvid, Windows Media, AC3, Divx anti-freeze, 3ivX, Cyberlink DVD decoder, decoder Ligos MPEG-2 , decoder Elecard MPEG-2, Intel Indeo, Ogg Vorbis, DirectVobSub, Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher FourCC Code Changer, etc..

You can download it from here http://www.techarena.in/download/cod...codec-pack.htm

Matroska Pack Full proves to be somewhat similar to K-Lite Codec Pack Full or Satsuki Decoder Pack. Indeed, it is a program combining several essential tools for reading the container with the readers popular media such as Windows Media Player, Zoom Player, and others. This pack contains filters video (MPEG, XviD, DivX) and audio (AC3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis). In addition, it includes codecs for audio formats and free lossless FLAC and TTA, and another for RealVideo (Realsplitter) and a tool for the subtitles.

To enable / disable the various codecs, you must visit the program menu Windows -> Matroska Pack then open or FFDShow FFDShow Audio (for audio codecs). It also has this tool Where it is possible to configure various options.