Thread: Windows 7 RTM continously reboots

Windows 7 RTM continously reboots

Hi,
    I have upgraded to Windows 7 RTM. The upgrade and installation was fine with no error in the starting. After installation I restarted the system. But the entire system reboots after the logo displays. This happens many times now. I do not want to re-install the entire program again which consume time. What should I do here to avoid such instances. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 RTM continously reboots

First check out that the operating system is installed properly. Then check your power supply. See that you system is getting adequate power to run the operating system. If the issue is no solved then it means that your system is damaged. You will have re-install the entire operating system back again for stability reasons.

Restart your system and press F8 continuously at the startup. In then menu choose safe mode. If Windows Boot up in safe mode then check out for any relevant errors popping up at startup. Open device manager and check for the uninstalled hardware. Boot again from the disc and launch the repair function.

Boot in safe mode and try this solution. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command prompt. Type the following and hit enter - Drive:\boot\Bootsect.exe /NT60 All. Restart your computer back again. If still the problem continues then re-install the software again. Because this can be due damage of any critical system file.