Thread: Diskpart Error in Windows 7

Diskpart Error in Windows 7

Hi,
    I am facing Diskpart error in my Windows computer. When I run the service first it indicates directory not found. It remains incomplete in the middle. I had tired the same by restarting my computer. I had run some system utilities to tune up my system. But still no success yet. I think the application is corrupted in my pc. Thanks

Re: Diskpart Error in Windows 7

This can be hardware issue. There might be some bad cluster in your hard drive which is causing the trouble. Diskpart usually does not work due to errors in hard drives. First scan your hard drive or the directory for errors. A simple thing you can do is run cmd and press fdisk in the window. The scan will tell you the information about the hard drive.

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. In the Management console window click on the Computer. Select the disk and run tune up utilities. Check the status of the drive and if it does not have any data then format it. Otherwise you can also assign a new name to the partition or delete it also to generate a new volume in it. Restart your system after that.

A hotfix tool is provided by Microsoft on the particular problem. Go on the official site and search for Diskpart hotfix. Download the same and run it. It will fix up any problem related to the above application. Also format the drive which is causing the error. Just right click on that and choose format. Select NTFS and do not select quick format option.