Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-10-2009

Outlook Express - How to Remove Address History from

Hello.
Ive been living with this for years.... finally just HAVE TO find a fix.

Ive searched and searched through Outlook help... I just cannot find the info I need.

So.... this may be too basic a question for this group, but...

How can I remove names/addresses from the list that pops up while Im typing the recipient's address? These are NOT in my Address book.

Where can I get at the history to delete it? (and, hopefully, specify what to save to it in the future).

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me out. Ive been living with this, not wanting to take the time to fix it... but its costing me bits of time, all day, every day.

Thank you!
Cindy
Old 17-10-2009

Re: Outlook Express - How to Remove Address History from

Hey dude, Try clearing history and Cache like goto IE-->Tools--> Options-->content-->Settings (Auto complete) first clear the temp/cache other files and then you can uncheck all of them and try. May be it can help
Old 05-01-2012

Re: Outlook Express - How to Remove Address History from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy522 View Post
Hello.
Ive been living with this for years.... finally just HAVE TO find a fix.

Ive searched and searched through Outlook help... I just cannot find the info I need.

So.... this may be too basic a question for this group, but...

How can I remove names/addresses from the list that pops up while Im typing the recipient's address? These are NOT in my Address book.

Where can I get at the history to delete it? (and, hopefully, specify what to save to it in the future).

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me out. Ive been living with this, not wanting to take the time to fix it... but its costing me bits of time, all day, every day.

Thank you!
Cindy
Hi Cindy, I know this thread is OLD but if you are still having trouble try:
Open new email,
When you start typeing use the up/down arrows on your key board to select the name you DONT WANT, press delete.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,