Thread: Install Language Pack in Windows 7 Offline Mode

Install Language Pack in Windows 7 Offline Mode

Hi,
    I need some languages for my Windows 7 computer. Currently I have only English and Asian language. Now I want French language in the operating system. I does have a internet connection also. So what is the way by which I can install additional languages in Windows 7. From where can I get language pack and how to install them. Thanks.

Re: Install Language Pack in Windows 7 Offline Mode

You can just manually download the language pack from Windows 7 official site. The package is setup file which will install the languages automatically in your system after running. I don't think that you will get a individual languages on the site. It consist a complete pack. The same can be used by configuring the settings of language tool.

Microsoft has released officially language pack for Windows 7. This is only available for Windows 7 RC for free download. The languages included in it are English, German, French, Spanish and Japanese. The package is known as MUI language interface packs (LIP). See the official site for download instructions. The packs are available for both 32 bit and 64 bit operating system.

If you can arrange internet then this will be much easier for your. Windows automated service will look for the specific language and install it in your computer. Here what you will have to do. First connect to internet. Then go to Control Panel and then choose Clock, Language and Region Box. If you are in classic view then your choose Regional and Language Options. Now choose Install/Uninstall Languages. In that it will ask your for update and a manual installation. Choose update.