Thread: Problem while playing burned cd's on music systems

Problem while playing burned cd's on music systems

I had installed Windows Xp on my pc. I have around 135 mp3 songs been recorded on my 700mb CD-R disc. Now the problem is that when i try to play that particular disc on my pc, it works fine but it doesn't get played on my DVD player or MUSIC SYSTEM. I had burned that particular disc using NERO. While all other disc i'm able to play it on my DVD player as well as on my MUSIC SYSTEM. Do any one knows why i'm having problem while playing that particular burned cd on my music systems? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Problem while playing burned cd's on music systems

Before you burn a disc check that your computer is capable of burning these discs and that your CD player is capable of playing the chosen disc type. Disc types are CD-R, CD-RW or CD-DA discs. Quite often with age, the motor that spins the CD or the laser that sits on a tracking arm, starts to wear, it still plays regular CD's fine but often has trouble with burnt CD's.

Make sure that the disc you burn is in a format that your domestic CD player can recognize and play. Very likely those are mp3s and it's a CD player that CANNOT read mp3s. This is typically referred to as "red book". As for burning a CD at 1x I have never seen a burner capable of doing it. Probably because it just does not recognize the format.Nevertheless, I will hunt around to see if I can get an older CD writer from work that can do 2x burning and will get back with the results.

Some readers are very picky about media. Rewritable media are harder to read for some players, so maybe your problem is the support. Have you tried to copy the file to the hard drive, and run it that way, this way you would eliminate the idea of it being software, the actual movie file itself, or a bad burn, or possibly just an optical drive that doesn't cope well with this which can be for several reasons. Try to do a burn on a regular (not rewritable) media.