Thread: Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility view invisible

Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility view invisible

Hello,

ever Since I have installed IE8,webpages are not displayed correctly. I can not find the Compatibility mode icon in my internet toolbar , is it possible that I did not select this option during installation? If yes, is it possible to install this module after that ? please help me thanks in advance

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility view invisible

Simply click on the Display icon in IE8 compatibility that displays at the end of the address bar when the page displayed does not contain any specific instructions specifying that it is designed for IE8, or switch to IE7 mode .

When you click on this icon, the setting is automatically "saved" by IE8 who remembers that this site will now be displayed in IE7. But sometimes the icon "Compatibility View" does not appear, although one wishes nevertheless use IE7 mode. IE8 provides access and modify the list of sites that display mode compatibility.

Click the Tools menu and select compatibility Display settings Enter while in the field "Add this website" address of the site the engine compatible with IE8, Click Add to add this site and then click Close and press [F5] to refresh the page.

Note that the user can request that all sites are displayed in IE7 compatibility mode:
    • Open the Tools menu and select Display settings compatibility
    • Check the "Show all websites in Compatibility View",
    • Click Close and press [F5] to refresh the page.

Click the button on the toolbar Compatibility View [Display Compatibility] to view the website as it would in Internet Explorer 7. The display problems such as text, images or text boxes are misaligned and corrected. This option depends on the site and other sites continue to appear with the functionality of Internet Explorer 8. If you click on the Compatibility View button [View compatibility] for a given site, you will not have to do it again the next time you visit this site, the browser will recognize the site and post it in compatibility mode .