Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy/Paste not working in Windows 7

Copy/Paste not working in Windows 7

Hi,
    I have a laptop running Windows 7. I was facing a virus issue last week. But know I found a strange issue in my system. The copy paste function is not working in Windows 7. When press Ctrl + C from my keyboard nothing happens. Also the same lies in the mouse. The right key does not show any menu for copy and pasting. I had never encountered such silly issue before. What can be the reason behind this. Thanks.

Re: Copy/Paste not working in Windows 7

This can be due to any anti spyware in your system which has affected your Windows registry. Editing your Windows registry will fix the issue out. Do this click on Orb and in the search box type regedit. Then navigate to the following path - [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]. Here check for NoViewContextMenu and see that you can see REG_DWORD value. Right click on it choose modify and set the value to 1. If it set to 0 then it is disable. Restart your system and check out.

It is better that if you run System Restore. This happens due to registry corruption. Also if possible find some registry repair tool and scan your system for changes made to it. The registry repairer will fix the issue out. This happens when many malicious software or virus corrupts windows registry. System restore will work here.

Log in as administrator in your computer and run CMD. You will find it in the Accessories folder. Run it and type sfc /scannow. Type the command and press enter. The command prompt will scan your computer and if prompted for windows disc then provide it. It will replace and repair any damaged or corrupted files.

guys pls help me!....i'm using windows 7...and i tried everything that u guys recommended....even in the services.msc there is no clipboard sort of thing........and in the regedit there is no such file names reg_dword...iv'e even done what other site recommended but it was no use...

Your Clipboard tool might be corrupted. Many times a simple Windows Restore fix the issue and make the thing work. If not then try to run system restore. It is the best way to wipe out major system issue in your pc. You can simply type system restore in the start menu search box and then click on the same. Then follow a date and give next. The entire system will reboot and it will start working.

i tried system restore and my pc has a restore date of only yesterday....its still not working...

If using a system restore point fails to fix it, try running the command sfc /scannow to repair all system files. Or try to do the following:
    Tools>options>advanced>security>custom level and under miscellaneous see that "Drag and drop or copy and paste" is checked enable.

Quote Originally Posted by hell fire View Post
    i tried system restore and my pc has a restore date of only yesterday....its still not working...

evn i tried all the options..what is the fix..anyone found out?

kemanblack Guest

Extinction of the clipboard seems to solve the common problem. Bummer, I hope they resolve this problem. At least I can use the V3 with the support of multiple CPUs. I have a I7 and the core is to save as it was a really nice feature.
    Last edited by kemanblack; 13-01-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaisu View Post
    evn i tried all the options..what is the fix..anyone found out?
    To work with the your issue i will advise you to go with the below given steps that might help you to resolve the issue. It seems that the Copy Paste Service is disabled and that is why you are unable to get it working. So if you can then go through the instruction and see whether this is working for you or not.

1. Click on Start
    2. Type Run in Search and hit Enter
    3. Type services.msc and hit enter
    4. Find These services:
      • Network DDE DSDM.
      • Network DDE.
      • Clipbook.
    5. Right Click on Each
    6. And select Restart

Thats it!!!!!!

Restart the system . Now you will able to copy and paste.

ohmy Re: Copy/Paste not working in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by dan-dan View Post
    Hi,
    I have a laptop running Windows 7. I was facing a virus issue last week. But know I found a strange issue in my system. The copy paste function is not working in Windows 7. When press Ctrl + C from my keyboard nothing happens. Also the same lies in the mouse. The right key does not show any menu for copy and pasting. I had never encountered such silly issue before. What can be the reason behind this. Thanks.
    I suffered a similar problem with my Win7 Pro OS.

In my case it appeared to be caused by my having updated JAVA to the most recent version. I've been told - unofficially - that this is a deliberate act by Sun Java as the copy/paste function is regarded as a security risk.

I went to my control panel and uninstalled Java.

Next, I installed an earlier version of Java at http://java.sun.com/products/archive...u23.index.html

This appears to have rfesolved the issue in my case and my copy/paste function is working well so far.

I hope this will be of help to anyone with the same problem.

It can be the problem with the keyboard driver that is installed in your computer. My suggestion to you is to update the driver for the keyboard and see if it can solve the problem for you. Just search for the driver update and install the latest driver. If that does not work then reply back we will try to provide you some alternate solution for this.

Could be that it's not your Windows 7 system. For me it was my Dreamweaver CS4. Had to look it up and change my preferences in Dreamweaver… to copy/paste = "text only

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Dreamwea...f21-7ce8a.html
    Copy and paste is working now.

Sorry... this started happening again in DreamWeaver. The solution was to pull out the floating palette that contains the remote and local website from the designer/code view. It seemed to be pasting a copy of my files/docs instead of the text in the source code! Hope this helps someone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast