Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copy/Paste not working in Windows 7

mike1148 Guest

Re: Copy/Paste not working in Windows 7

I have had a similar problem my copy and paste will quit working if i open like more then 3 tabs then I will have to reboot if I want to try and get it working again, most times I can reboot once and it starts working again a few times i had to reboot a few times to get it working. What could be the cause? I read somewhere it may be a bug in the window 7 system that Microsoft hasn't fixed yet
    thanks
    any help would me appreciated

You can try by running System File Checker tool and see of this problem can be resolved. To do this, just Go to Start > all programs > Accessories and from there right click on the Command Prompt and then select Run as > administrator. Here you will have to provide the admin password and click on allow. On the command prompt , just type the command below and press enter.

sfc /scannow

I hope that this will be helpful to you.

star Re: Copy/Paste not working in Windows 7

For any one else who clicks this forum query.

The problem I had was the right click in explorer 32bit would show the menu but nothing within the menu would respond. It works a treat in explorer 64bit and in the Inprivate browsing both 32 and 64 bit.

I am using Win7 64 Ultimate.

Now the way I fixed mine after several days browsing forums was simple. So simple I was tempted to throw the whole sytem out the window out of spite.

1, Open the offending explorer.

1.Click on the Tools tab. (If it's not shown press Alt first)

2.Select Internet Options.

3.Select the advanced tab on the Internet Options new window.

4.At the bottom of the window click on the Reset button in the Reset internet explorer settings.

5.I then checked the Delete personal settings box. (Don't know if it would make any difference. But it does also delete all cookies and a lot more).

6.press the reset button.

7.It will then result in a new window, Reset Internet Explorer Settings with a green tick next to 4 sections. Press on the Close button.

8.a final window will appear saying For changes to take effect, you will need to restart Internet Explorer.

9.Press OK. Then Close your Explorer Window.

10.Open your 32bit Explorer and now it should work perfectly.

It was possibly maleware or some kind of virus. It may even be an eccellerator so watch what you reactivate or install.

Happy Browsing All

Hi

I too am having these problems and I have tried all the solutions above where possible to know avail. Seems I can copy and cut by any means but cannot paste at all. Some of the solutions above worked once but then the problem came back. Any other ideas?

I too am having these problems and I have tried all the solutions above where possible to know avail. Seems I can copy and cut by any means but cannot paste at all. Some of the solutions above worked once but then the problem came back. Any other ideas?
    Just wanted to know that have you tried out the solution that has been mentioned in the below article as it is?
    How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
    If not then try it out and then let me know if the same issue is appearing again in your case. this solution has helped out many having this Copy/Paste issue in Windows 7. hope that helps you as well.

Hi. Yes I had tried that link but with my limited systems knowledge it really didn't help!! So I went for the ultimate cure - a factory restore and it now seems to be ok. The problem probably arose after my son had downloaded some games through steam - anything he downloads from there seems to affect the computer performance one way or another!! Lesson learnt lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12