Thread: How to get rid of Bitlocker

How to get rid of Bitlocker

Hi,
    I had copied my user profile files in a external removable media. The file was encrypted by Bitlocker. Now when I open it the files are lock. I cannot migrate those settings to another pc. I want to know how can I get rid of Bitlocker in my Windows Vista computer. From where can I delete it. Many time my files are encrypted by some unknown users. I need instruction to remove it completely.

Re: How to get rid of Bitlocker

Bitlocker is a drive encryption software for Windows Vista. It is available in some versions of Vista only. This includes Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Enterprise edition. It is used to secure your data by encrypting the entire volume. I have not find any solution for this. As application belongs to Vista then probably you will need to delete some system files from the Windows directory to remove it.

Re: How to get rid of Bitlocker

You can simply decrypt the file in your external drive. Is i quiet easy to do. First you will have to insert the drive in the computer in which it is encrypted. Then just go to control panel and click on system and security. Click on Bitlocker and turned it on. Now run the application and choose decrypt. The entire removable media will be decrypted and you can access your file.

It is not a easy job to remove Bitlocker from your system. You will not only have to remove it but also need to repair the boot manager after that. Right click on My Computer and click on Manage. Then click on Disk Management and choose the drive C. Select the option of mark partition as active. Then restart your computer. Now insert your windows bootable disc. In that select repair link. Select the c drive and run the repair option. Do this for some time and Bitlocker will be removed from your system.