Thread: Windows 7 back up issue with USB

Windows 7 back up issue with USB

Hi,
    I facing problem while taking backup in Windows 7. I have a 32 GB USB drive. I want to take the back up entire drivers, shared folders, profiles in the USB drive as it possess my data. And the same also help out at the time of system restoration. I think the option is not working in my system. I had never tried the same. Windows 7's backup service is better for this or not. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 back up issue with USB

There is a third party tool called USB Image Tool. The tool is available for free download. You can take out critical backups with this tool. Just connect your USB drive and use the GUI mode to select your files. The tool has a built in system to generate backups frequently. It is simple easy to use. You can restore and take regular backup with this tool.

The Windows 7 Backup service is much better to use. I will recommend you to use the same. I am using this currently to take regular backups of my system. The application is powerful and stable. You can save backup on removable media and network locations. Just launch it from System tools and follow the on screen instructions. Select your file and give your backup location where you want the file.

If you feel any trouble with the backup service then this solution might help you out. First click on the orb and type services.msc in the box. Hit enter after that. Double click on the Volume Shadow Copy Service and switch the option to General. After that just select startup and change the type to Automatic. Apply it and restart your system.