Thread: Error "HTTP error.Access to the resource is forbidden" in Entourage 2008 for Mac

Error "HTTP error.Access to the resource is forbidden" in Entourage 2008 for Mac

Hi, i am a Mac OS X user and have installed Office 2008 for MAC on the same. Yesterday i was trying to retrieve my e-mail messages from my Hotmail account to Entourage 2008. But in between the process, system gives me error message saying, "HTTP error. Access to the resource is forbidden." I tried it doing many times but this error stopped me every time. Do you guys have any idea why this error occurs ? Also help me out of the same.

Re: Error "HTTP error.Access to the resource is forbidden" in Entourage 2008 for Mac

This problem occurs because of a change in the way that Entourage interacts with Hotmail. To continue to receive e-mail from your Hotmail account through Entourage, you have to set up Hotmail as a POP account. To do this, follow these steps:-

• In a Web browser, sign in to your Windows Live Hotmail account. After you sign in successfully, you can sign out.
    • Start Entourage.
    • On the Entourage menu, click Account Settings.
    • Click the arrow next to New Icon and then click Mail.
    • At this point, either the New Account dialog box or the Account Setup Assistant dialog box is displayed. The dialog box that is displayed determines whether you can set up your Hotmail account automatically or manually.

Re: Error "HTTP error.Access to the resource is forbidden" in Entourage 2008 for Mac

To set up your Hotmail account manually follow this steps:-

• If you see the Account Setup Assistant, click Configure Account Manually.
    • In the Account type pop-up list, click POP, and then click OK.
    • On the Account Settings tab, locate the Account name box. In the Account name box, type the name that you want to use to refer to this account in Entourage.
    • Under Personal Information, type the name and the e-mail address that you want to use.
    • In the Account ID and Password boxes under Receiving mail, type your e-mail address and password.
    • In the POP server box, enter pop3.live.com
    • Click Click here for advanced receiving options.
    • Specify the following option:
      • This POP service requires a secure connection (SSL)
    • Under Sending mail, type smtp.live.com in the SMTP server box.
    • Click Click here for advanced sending options.
    • Specify the following options:
      • SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL)
      • SMTP server requires authentication
      • Use same settings as receiving mail server
    • Click the Options tab.
    • Under Server options, specify the following options:
      • Leave a copy of each message on the server
      • Delete messages from the server after they are deleted from this computer
    • Click OK.

Thats it...

To resolve this issue, change the account e-mail address to match the SMTP address in Active Directory. Here is the step by step process of doing the same:-

1. On the Tools menu in Entourage, click Accounts.
    2. Click your Exchange Server account, and then click Edit.
    3. In the E-mail address box on the Account Settings tab, type an e-mail address that matches the SMTP address for the user in Active Directory, and then click OK. You may have to contact your system administrator to obtain the correct e-mail address.