Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problems with run multiple copies of Outlook

Windows Software

Old 15-10-2009

Hello,
I have Hp desktop at my home. I have run multiple copies of Outlook? It gives me a problem. Sometimes it shutdown & I want to remove that? Any Suggestion?

Old 15-10-2009

Do the following steps:
1) Click on the Options menu in ChoiceMail and Then select Configuration.

2) When the dialog appears, click on the Advanced tab.

3) In the "Override system default email client" section, click the Choose... button.

4) A list of email applications known to your system should appear in a popup menu

5) Select Microsoft Outlook from the list. The filename and Startup folder fields will be automatically changed to reflect that you want Outlook to be started.

6) In the "Parameters" field, enter the string /recycle exactly as shown.
7) Click OK to accept these changes.
An alternative solutionis to modify the registry settings.It only work if other programs that are triggering multiple copies of Outlook.
Old 15-10-2009

Re: Problems with run multiple copies of Outlook

Multiple copies of Outlook may run.But some time It create problem if it's not shutting down completely.Sometime AV software scanning incoming/outgoing mail, anti-spam software, synch software for use with a handheld, FAX software, incompatible COMs or Add Ins, among other things but these are the most common reasons.Usually the problem can be tracked to software that integrates with Outlook.AV software doesn't have to scan incoming/outgoing mail since the real time scanner will catch whatever it's updated for.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,