Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

AVG error need help

Windows Software

Old 14-10-2009

AVG error need help

AVG error:Moved object is bigger than the size limit. Windows\installer\16ebf18.msi. what is this? Should I go ahead and remove AVG Free and get something else? And if so, what? I also run at least once a week, 1. Superantispyware. 2.malwarebytes. 3. Adaware Free Anniversary Edition. 4. CCleaner and Combofix once a month. With all of this I still get this mess with AVG Free V8. Please help!

Old 15-10-2009

Re: AVG error:Moved object is bigger than the size limit. Windows\installer\16ebf18.msi. what is this? Should I go ahead and remove AVG Free and get something else?

your AVG detecting malware in an archive file which is larger than 5 Mb which is not possible put in to the Virus Vault. also due to some reason AVG not able to delete automatically these files as that could be data loss for the user.now malware in an archive is not a threat till it gets extracted so extract the files needed from it, delete the malware file remember do not run or open any application from it
Old 15-10-2009

Re: AVG error:Moved object is bigger than the size limit. Windows\installer\16ebf18.msi. what is this? Should I go ahead and remove AVG Free and get something else?

I think you should have a look at all the temporary files and folders and delete them, Reboot in safe mode and scan the computer with AVG. Its a nice antivirus as it does the job and above it, its free. If you're not happy with AVG, may be you should try Avira Antivir

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,