Thread: How to fix Quick Time streaming error in MAC OS X

How to fix Quick Time streaming error in MAC OS X

Hi,
    When I try to stream a online video by QuickTime player in my MAC Pc then a error pops up denoting QuickTime Streaming error. The error code for the same is -5400 - qtsBadSelectorErr. This is happened everytime when I try to play a video file online. Is my player corrupted or damaged. This was working fine last week. Help needed. Thanks.

Re: How to fix Quick Time streaming error in MAC OS X

It will better to first remove the software completely form your MAC system. There might some corrupt file which are causing the issue. Remove the application and then visit Apple's site. Look for the newest version of QuickTime. Download it and install it in your system. Then try back again. I had done the same when facing similar issue. There are more errors related to this topic. They are 5401 - qtsBadStateErr, 5402 - qtsBadDataErr, 5403 - , qtsUnsupportedDataTypeErr, 5404 - qtsUnsupportedRateErr, 5405 - qtsUnsupportedFeatureErr and 5406 - qtsTooMuchDataErr. The solution works similar for all this types of errors.

First check out that your QuickTime client has proper RTSP streams. If not then you will face this errors continuously. You can check this out by visiting the official site of Apple and then navigating in the QuickTime TV Content column. If your stream video is playing for a minute and then the errors come up, it means that the the QuickTime is not reading the content from the server. Try any other site.

A re-installation or upgrade to new version will be a better solution. But before that you can do this also. Check that your QuickTime application is suing a DHCP and it is not connected behind a firewall system or NAT. If it is firewall then your QuickTime server is not getting proper incoming of UDP packets due to it. Second thing also check that what type of streaming media you are using like UDP or HTTP.