Thread: BSOD will upgrading Vista to Windows 7

BSOD will upgrading Vista to Windows 7

Hi,
    I was upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7. The installation was working fine but after sometime Windows installation crashed with blue screen. The entire installation was affected in between. The Windows 7 disc a new one and due to slow performance I had switched to Windows 7. For that I had also added 2GB of more RAM to my system. Any suggestion would really be appreciated.

Re: BSOD will upgrading Vista to Windows 7

Instead of selecting upgrade option try to perform a clean installation of Windows 7. Just insert the disc and restart your computer. Press F10 continuously at the time of boot up and choose your DVD drive. Windows 7 menu will appear. Format C drive in that and run a clean installation. This will delete all the corrupted file in the background put up a new one.

There can be issue with the Memory of your computer. Remove the newly installed memory and run the setup again. After installing Windows 7 put back the memory. If the system crashes again then might be possible that those new stick does not support your motherboard or might be bad. Also rub the edge of your old RAM with a rubber to remove the dust and put them back.

I had faced the similar issue due to Vista drivers. I was upgrading to Windows 7 when suddenly the desktop crashed. The reason I discovered a incompatible driver file. So you will need to arrange new drivers which must be Windows 7 compatible. Check out the official site for the driver of the relevant hardware. Then perform a clean format by formatting windows directory instead of upgrading on the old operating system.