Thread: SyncBack New version Should i upgrade

SyncBack New version Should i upgrade

i have a SyncBack version 3.2.8.500 , I Think there must be new Version Also Available , so i want to ask Is it worth downloading the new version? And if so, does it uninstall the old or install it over? Actually, The Current version i am using is the most stable according to me so i am reluctant to upgrade , can you tell me should i uprade to latest version , also i have one query that SyncBack only works with valid Windows filename , can you tell me why it is so , please help me thanks in advance

Re: SyncBack New version Should i upgrade

hi, if you look carefully at the site, there are many News Version available (not installed),and some version does not installing it mean that you can simply unzip the folder in the original folder and you are done ,and as for upgrading you should opt for upgradation are there may many fixes

Hey , you Are needed to download the latest Version As there many changes made in the new version You can download the SyncBack New version From Here http://www.techarena.in/download/bac...y/syncback.htm

Here are some changes that Were made in the new Version
    • New: Backup to single Zip file on FTP server
    • New: New variables
    • New: Can specify email encoding method for header and body
    • New: -noprofbackup command line parameter
    • New: Option to skip offline files
    • New: Last Scheduled Run Error column
    • Fixed: Sometimes might miss a drive insert immediately after a reboot when set to run on login
    • Fixed: Updated manifest file so compression (and profile export and import) works when run from external drives
    • Fixed: SyncBackSE uninstaller now correctly uninstalls SyncBackSE Windows Application event log
    • Fixed: Reduced CPU usage when sending and receiving email and burning to CD/DVD
    • Fixed: Was not using VSS with Windows Explorer file copying method on Vista or newer when file locked
    • Fixed: Sometimes VSS would fail with Windows 7 and give an "Unknown error." error message
    • Fixed: Problems with FTP servers, e.g. LiveDrive, that do not like trailing slash when creating directories
    • Fixed: Problems with some FTP servers not liking absolute paths when creating or deleting directories
    • Fixed: Was not deleting FTP folders that were potentially empty, i.e. only contained files that could be deleted to make it empty
    • Fixed: In rare cases some source files sizes may be reported as being twice its actual size
    • Fixed: Uses parent group variables now in all cases
    • Fixed: Silently fail if source or destination not reachable was not silent
    • Fixed: If chose to silently fail on both source and destination then only source was checked
    • Fixed: Various minor bug fixes and tweaks
    • Updated: Run Before program now run before shadow volume is created
    • Updated: Can use variables for FTP hostname and username
    • Updated: Help File

SyncBack only works with valid Windows filenames. This means you cannot have filenames that contain characters such as asterisk, for example. However, starting with SyncBackSE/Pro V5.3 invalid Windows filenames can be used with FTP, FTPS, and SFTP servers. The filename will be translated automatically to make it a valid Windows filename. See the help file for details.