Thread: ReadyBoost missing in Windows 7

ReadyBoost missing in Windows 7

Hi,
    I had installed a 4 port UBD hub to my Windows 7 computer. Now the problem here is that I am not able to configure the same due to Readyboost service. It is missing in my Windows 7 computer. Before that in Vista I was using the hub without any problem. I had also formatted all the attached drives but still no sign of it. What to do to restore the service back again. Thanks in advance.

Re: ReadyBoost missing in Windows 7

There is a solution for this. But if this does not work then you will have to anyhow re-install the entire system back again to get the service. Insert Windows 7 disc and wait for a while. After when the CD menus comes then close it. Click on the Orb and in the search box type dvd drive:\setup.exe. Press enter. Select install now. When you reach at the installation screen then from there choose upgrade option.

Try a system restore service. If this does not work then you will have to edit Windows 7 registry file to get the service back. but before that you will have to download registryboost registry key from the official site. After launch registry editor and navigate to the following path to check that there is a key available. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rdyboost. If not then click on the downloaded file. After that run cmd and type sfc /scannow. At the end restart your system.

I will recommend you to format your usb drives under NTFS files system. Click on the Windows Orb and type Msconfig. Hit enter and in the list go to service. Scroll down to check that Readyboost is working or not. If you find then the service is available. If no then you will have to use Windows 7 disc to install the service. You can also download the same service from windows official site. Run a automatic update.