Thread: Need some information on CSS

Need some information on CSS

Hi,
    I am currently studying CSS. I need some tips on the same. I have to designed a small website by finishing this up. First I want to know what is the difference between html and css. Is CSS is better than HTML. In what conditions. Secondly what are the elements used in CSS. Also post some basic examples on the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some information on CSS

CSS is a style language that defines the appearance of HTML documents. CSS can be set eg for fonts, colors, borders, lines, heights, widths, background images, for using advanced positioning and many other things. HTML can be used to lay out websites is unnecessary. But CSS offers more options and is also much more precise and sophisticated. CSS is supported by all browsers. With HTML content will be structured. With CSS, the structured content is formatted.

CSS was invented to correct this situation by equipping designers with sufficient design options that were supported by all browsers. At the same time, the separation of look and content of a page, that same care makes a lot easier. Check out the layout of many websites from a single style sheet file, precise control over the layout, different layouts for different media types (screen, print, etc.) and a variety of advanced and sophisticated techniques.

The elements provide the structure of an HTML document and say how the browser will display your website. In general, the elements are formed by a start tag, content and an end tag. Tags are labels that are used to mark the beginning and end of an element. Okay, the element b is used for characters in bold. All the text between the opening tag <b> and the closing tag </b> is displayed on the browser with bold characters. ( "b" is the abbreviation of the English word "bold".)
    Example 1:
    <b>This text must be bold.</b>
    <b>This text must be bold.</b>