Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Office suite error "Source file not found Cabinetfile.cab"

Windows Software

Old 09-10-2009

Microsoft Office suite error "Source file not found Cabinetfile.cab"

Hi, I am using Windows Xp and trying to install Microsoft Office suite 2007. I am not getting whats gone wrong with my system, whenever i am trying to install Microsoft Office suite, it gives me error saying,"Cannot locate source file Cabinetfile.cab." I tried installing about 4 times but still the problem exist.

Do you guys have any idea or solution of this issue ? Please help me out, too. Thanks !!

Old 09-10-2009

Re: Microsoft Office suite error "Source file not found Cabinetfile.cab"

Most probably this error occurs when Microsoft Office 2003 is being installed on another computer on the network at the same time that you are trying to install Microsoft Office 2007 and the computer is using the same network installation point. So trying avoiding such kind of situation and try again. Do let me know the result.
Old 09-10-2009

I guess you are installing Microsoft Office 2007 from an installation point that is located on the network and that is accessed by multiple users. To work around this behavior:-
  1. Create an administrative installation point for Office 2007. Cabinet files are not present in administrative installation points.
  2. When you receive the error message, click Retry to make the installation continue correctly.
  3. Upgrade the operating systems of any Windows XP client computers on the network to Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1). To do this, a user with the correct permissions must log on to each Windows XP client computer, click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
Old 09-10-2009

If this problem occurs when you upgrade to a 2007 Office suite, locate the insert the installation CD for the earlier version of Office into the CD drive, and then click Retry. If this does not resolve the problem, follow these steps:
  • Cancel the 2007 Office upgrade.
  • Remove the earlier version of Office by using the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
  • Reinstall the 2007 Office suite.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,