Thread: Microsoft Outlook Exchange email problem on BlackBerry phone

Microsoft Outlook Exchange email problem on BlackBerry phone

Just few days back i was trying to to sync my email which has been provided by Microsoft Outlook Exchange on my BlackBerry phone. When i first set up my BlackBerry phone this email worked, but at that time i had entered my email details but I didn't setup an account in email setup. After that when I had setup an account my emails had stopped working. Can any body tell me that why doesn't my Email provided by Microsoft Outlook exchange work on my BlackBerry phone? Why it has stopped working suddenly? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Would be grateful to you, if any body provides me the correct information on the above problem.

Re: Microsoft Outlook Exchange email problem on BlackBerry phone

Generally the problem can be traced to a corrupted OUTCMD.DAT file in your Outlook program. It sounds as if you created BIS account credentials and your BIS account already existed (hosted and controlled by your carrier). Outcmd.dat stores any custom changes that you make to your toolbar buttons. When only accessing from the BB, credentials are not needed as authentication occurs via PIN.

In order to access your BIS account from a PC/browser, credentials are needed as there's no other way to authenticate you to the account. If the problem is resolved after you rename this file, you must make the custom toolbar button changes again. Once you create those BIS credentials, you must use them both from a PC/browser as well as from the device, but the device should have a tickbox to check that will let it remember your credentials. This seems like a minor file since its supposed to only monitor changes to your toolbars, however with the amount of spyware and adware that add toolbars, change toolbars, etc. It's understandable that this file could become corrupted quite easily and cause your Outlook program not to boot.

Managing your BIS account from the PC/browser or from the BB is the same thing, it's just two interfaces to the same account. To remove the OUTCMD.DAT file, simply search your computer for the file and delete it. Once you create credentials, you must then forever use them. If you want to remove the credentials, you'll need to contact your carrier to completely reset your BIS account back to an initial state.