Thread: PDF image distorts with already one PDF document opened in Adobe Reader

PDF image distorts with already one PDF document opened in Adobe Reader

Why is it so the PDF image or document starts scrolling here and there when I try to open it on another window keeps another PDF doc already opened on another window? The most interesting things is that no such issue is created until I open a second PDF document on another window and also the strange thing is that the image distorts only with the second opened PDF and not with the first one. I know it sound quite funny but what I can’t help it out, please do suggest me with some solution. Also if possible let me know if there is anyone else facing the same issue.

Re: PDF image distorts with already one PDF document opened in Adobe Reader

Hey whenever I face any such issue with any of the application of Adobe I just do complete reinstallation of that app. I would not say that this trick definitely works out but yeah sometime it do helps me most of the cases. Don’t get scared with the uninstallation process and all just use “Add or Remove Programs” tool from control panel and remove the original Adobe application.

First thing is that make sure that the distorting issue is not occurring only with some limited PDF docs, check out as much as PDF files possible and then see whether the issue is with the PDF or with the Adobe reader or with something else.

And if you are facing the issue with the normal system stored PDF file, just check out opening some web based PDF from web and see to it whether you face the exact same issue over there or not.

It would be better if you let me know the version of the Adobe Reader installed in your system along with the OS running on your system.

Hey I do have the same problem and day by as I am facing this issue I am getting more and more confused with its cause. Each day everyone come up with some sort of reason and solution which keeps on disturbing me even more.

I did uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader not once but multiple times with different techniques that includes yours too. For your satisfaction let me tell you that I went into windows “Add or Remove Programs” tool in order to remove the application and then once I was confirmed with the thing that I have successfully removed the application I simply went into the Adobe official website and downloaded Adobe Reader 10 on to my system as v10 was the one which was installed in my machine even before.

Believing that it could be a memory shortfall issue I also checked out my system memory but was fine and also available in plenty.

Thanks for the quick reply and also sorry for not mentioning the Version of Adobe Reader application I am using. Anyways currently I am running window XP on my system with Adobe Reader X V10.1.2.45 installed in it.
    First thing is that make sure that the distorting issue is not occurring only with some limited PDF docs, check out as much as PDF files possible and then see whether the issue is with the PDF or with the Adobe reader or with something else.
    As suggested by you I checked out almost all different types and kinds of PDF files and unfortunately all of them showed the same behavior until I opened them as a second preference. If I open the same problematic PDF doc as a first preference then PDF might open fine without distorting. And yeah I also check out opening some web based PDF images and the results were the same with no special difference.

There are certain things that you need to try out if possible. Just one question are the PDF files in your case by default opening in full screen, if they do open in full screen then just check out the value for the default Transaction dropdown. You can do this under:
    • Go to Edit
    • Preferences
    • Full Screen

After you reach there, just try setting it to none and check out if you still getting the same thing.

Also if possible just uncheck the settings for “Restore last view settings while reopening documents”

Same issue but there is something interesting I found while testing the app with the web based PDF docs as suggested above. When I try to open any system based PDF image or document I get the same distorting issue as everyone over here is getting if we open the PDF in the second widow.

But after I read the above suggestion and tested opening the web PDF using Firefox browser I encountered the same problem with no special changes, but the most interesting thing was that when I tried to open the same web based PDFs using Internet Explorer I was able to view the second PDF file without any issue no matter how many other PDF files I opened before opening the one which I was suppose to test. This is quite strange.

But after I read the above suggestion and tested opening the web PDF using Firefox browser I encountered the same problem with no special changes, but the most interesting thing was that when I tried to open the same web based PDFs using Internet Explorer I was able to view the second PDF file without any issue no matter how many other PDF files I opened before opening the one which I was suppose to test. This is quite strange.
    No doubt the issue is with neither with the PDF file nor with the Adobe Reader is application but there something wrong with your system. I mean to say that there some virus problem in the pc. Better you do a scan check for your entire system and see to it that there is no such danger or infected file or folder found in your machine.

If you do not find any virus or infection in the result. Again try out the full system check using some other better antivirus software, maybe you can use Avira Antivirus which according to me is the best one for a home pc.