Thread: Using the Excel document in Openoffice

Using the Excel document in Openoffice

Does anyone know if it is possible to do on an Excel document so that it is fully functional in OpenOffice? I manage to open and print the document, but get an error message when I enter hours. And so it is scaled very small when I should see it in the preview before print.

Re: Using the Excel document in Openoffice

What did the error message says? The file works fine with me (in Portable OpenOffice 3.0). You could try to replace the name with the real cell addresses and see if that helps. In F23, replace the In and Out with the D23 with E23. In H23 replace Gross with F23 and Lunch with the G23.

F23 is also not completely optimal, as one can not work longer than until 24. Note that it is to strive for, but just to much like this
    =IF(OR(ISBLANK(In);ISBLANK(Out));0;Out-In+(Out<In))

I got it to work. What I did not notice was that it had opened in the Excel viewer. So now it's ok, but I'm struggling with another problem. Hope you can help me with it. I wonder if it is possible to remove the lines that I have in my Excel which looks very messy when it is printed.

Printing problems can be everything and anything, from driver problems to the wrong zoom. Go to File - Page preview and go through everything in the Page Setup dialog. You can get rid of bars by merging cells, it can be found in the Format menu.