Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How can I find my Product Key for my Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 cd?

Windows Software

Old 07-10-2009

idea How can I find my Product Key for my Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 cd?

I have my cd for Microsoft Office Student Teacher Edition, but no product key. My computer never had this installed before. I was using my company laptop until I got laid off so I haven't used this old laptop for the past five years. How can I obtain the product key for this cd?

Old 07-10-2009

Re: How can I find my Product Key for my Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 cd?

You may find even if you can get your own product key you cannot activate it - a lot of MS office products have Microsoft activation either via internet or via telephone and you may find it is licensed and tied only to your laptop, if you try to activate on your PC it may say this product is already activated

or you can also try this

On 2007 click the Office button then "Word Options" or "Excel options" etc.. then Resources tab then About. About halfway down the dialog box will be who it is licensed to and then the Product Key.
By the way it is illegal to use the Key that Chester B uses because it is licensed to him and no one else
Old 07-10-2009

Re: How can I find my Product Key for my Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 cd?

The product key should be on the back of your Microsoft Office CD case on a small yellow or orange label. If you have lost, broken, or misplaced your original Microsoft Office or Microsoft Publisher installation CD, you can order replacement media from Microsoft. Or if you want, you can also check out the following link. It may help you to get rid of the above issue.
Old 07-10-2009

This Thread had been moved To Windows Software Section.
Old 01-02-2010

Just found a wonderful utility at Magic Jelly Bean SOftware. It will search your registry and identify all the product keys for installed products.

So, if you have to re-install a product, but cant find the key- this is a great utility to have.
Old 02-02-2010

I suggest getting Belarc Advisor (free). It scans your system and gives all kinds of data about your system - hardware included. It gives product keys for a number of software packages, but not everything you may have loaded on your PC. It DOES give Microsoft software product keys including Office.
Don P

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,