Thread: internet explorer 7 - "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed"

angry internet explorer 7 - "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed"

Can someone figure out why I keep getting this message when trying to use IE? No matter where I try to type, the message pops up keeping me from entering addresses into the address bar. Again, even if I try to type in a search box within a web page I get the same message. However, I'm able to run firefox in safe mode with no problems. I've posted a screenshot of the IE message ...

Thanks,
    Caleb
    Attached Images Attached Images

re: internet explorer 7 - "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed"

You will get this error if you don’t have any email client (outlook,windows mail etc) setup as your default email client.You can fix this error using the following procedure

1. Click START and then Default Programs.

2. Click on ‘Set your default programs’.

3. Look down the list for the email program you use. Click it.

4. Towards the bottom of the page there will be a link that says: Set this program as default. Click it.