Thread: Windows can not recognize ipod touch in iTunes

Windows can not recognize ipod touch in iTunes

Hey guys, I need some urgent help from you all.

Yesterday I bought an iPod Touch and installed iTunes on my Windows XP computer. Now when i am trying to connect the same with my computer, it is not showing my iPod in the Source list in iTunes. It shows my iPhone without any issue.

Whats is the problem ? Is there any problem with my iPod ? Please help me out..

Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows can not recognize ipod touch in iTunes

iPod touch requires two important pieces of software to operate properly on Windows. First, the driver must be installed; for iPod touch the driver is USBAAPL.SYS. Second, Apple Mobile Device Support must be installed as a Windows Service. Verify that the driver is installed by connecting iPod touch to the computer and following these steps:-

• On the Start menu, click Run.
    • In the Open field, type devmgmt.msc and click OK. A list of devices will be displayed.
    • Scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and click the small plus sign to expand this group. iPod touch will be listed as either Apple iPod touch or Apple Mobile Device depending on the version of the driver installed.
    • Right-click Apple iPod touch (or Apple Mobile Device) and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
    • When the Properties window opens, select the Driver tab.
    • Click Driver Details to view more information.

iPod touch requires iTunes 7.4 or later. Be sure that your Windows PC meets the minimum system requirements to use iTunes and iPod touch. This is particularly important if you are connecting iPod touch to your computer for the first time. To make sure you're using the latest version of iTunes, open iTunes and choose Help > Check for Updates.

Also Verify that the Apple Mobile Device Service is installed and running using the Services MMC snap-in using these steps:-

• On the Start menu, click Run.
    • In the Open field, type services.msc and click OK. A list of devices will be displayed.
    • View the list In alphabetical order and verify that the "Apple Mobile Device Service" status is "Started."
    • If the status does not indicate the service is started, right-click Apple Mobile Device Service and choose Start from the shortcut menu.
    • If the service is installed and started, right-click the service and choose Restart from the shortcut menu.

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful info, mate... I was also in search of this tips some days back when i was facing this problem since i changed my computer. One of my friend said that iPod touch requires USB 2.0 to function properly. So also verify that the USB ports are high-power USB 2.0 ports. Try connecting iPod touch to a different USB port, preferably a port that is built-in to the computer instead of an external USB hub. Connecting iPod touch to your keyboard's USB ports is not recommended.