Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009

Link two tables Using MS Access

I made a database in access 2007. It contains information and photographs and I linked that to my other database. (They all displayed well in the Main bd.) How do i interlink two tables in ACCESS 2007.Thank you for your help
Old 03-10-2009

Re: Link two tables Using MS Access

To interlink between two tables you need to specify relationship. In a relational database, relationships enable you to prevent redundant data.When you create a relationship between tables, the related fields do not have to have the same names.
Old 03-10-2009

You need one field unique field (where the value is unique) in both table so that they can be linked together. You can create an empty database and you import your data of two tables and for all main tables under option you choose.This way I can see the structure without the data. For example you can use IDNUM as your primary key in both tables and link the tables using that field.
Old 03-10-2009

For example : try this query UNION formula:
SELECT No Customer Subscriber
FROM [T1_database] UNION ALL SELECT No Customer Subscriber
FROM [T2_database];
Check that the names [No. Customer Subscriber] correspond to your tables!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,