Thread: How to remove seaport.exe from Windows Xp

How to remove seaport.exe from Windows Xp

From last few days i had been noticing that as soon as i turn on my system, something called 'Seaport Search Enhancement Broker' starts running in the background of my machine. Currently i'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that what is seaport.exe? How to remove seaport.exe from my pc? Is it any kind of virus? Kindly let me know the correct information on seaport.exe. Any information on seaport.exe would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to remove seaport.exe from Windows Xp

SeaPort.exe is the part of Microsofts Search Enhancement Pack that enables the detection, download, and installation of up-to-date configuration files for Microsoft Search Enhancement applications. The Microsoft SeaPort Search Enhancement Process seemingly comes bundled with the Windows Live Suite regardless of what options are chosen by the user during installation.

However, seaport.exe runs automatically and continuously upon startup regardless of whether any searches have been performed or browser windows opened. Indeed, the SeaPort service is set to Automatic. Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the latest signatures and run a full scan. That means that it adds additional time to the boot-up process and that its resource usage starts immediately.

SeaPort.exe appears to use approximately 4.5 MB of RAM. t enables the detection, download and installation of up-to-date configuration files for Microsoft Search Enhancement applications like Windows live bar.SeaPort.exe is usually located in the 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\' folder and has a size of 226656 bytes. If one never uses search history, then the extra boot time, and memory usage, not to mention network bandwidth is wasted. Seaport.exe occupies up to 4.5 MB of usable memory. If you disable this program, search enhancement functions like history search may not work properly. If you face memory shortage problem, you can disable this service.