Thread: What is UV Mapping

What is UV Mapping

Hi,
    I need some details on UV Mapping. What does it means and how to apply the same in animation. I am currently learning some basics of animation. I have created a project work which defines a cube. Now by using UV mapping I have to generate a 3D effect on the same. So I need some basic explanation on the same. Are there some additional software's available for UV Mapping. If yes then how to use them. Thank in advance.

Re: What is UV Mapping

Uv mapping is a process of 3D modeling. It used to create 2D image which represents the 3D model. Then then mapping converts the 3D object to a image which is knows a contrast. You can see 3 co-ordinates X, Y and Z. These are the co-ordinates of a 3D object modeling. So here you can generate a texture and apply 3D effects to the object by the mapping process. There are various procedure here. You can download a freeware mapping tool and apply the effect. Otherwise look for tutorials of 3D Studio Max.

Try Ultimate Unwrap 3D for mapping purpose. It is a dedicated application that creates 3D models which is easy to use. It has a simply UV coordinate editor which has a set of UV mapping projection tools. Like box, planar, cylindrical, etc. So here you get some ready to use objects. You can creats UV files here and share it with any tool. That means it supports a wide range of formats and they can be used with most 3D software's. There are more features in it leaving UV mapping. It has a easy to use UV mapping editor that allows you to generate your own textures.

Use UVMapper Professional for this. It is a single tool that helps you to generate texture by using the texture mapping utility. This is then used to create and generate UV models. The tool has multiple and customizable view ports which are easy to use. You can also use different type of shapes and objects like cylindrical, planar, box, sphere, etc. It offers you more realistic images and effects.