Thread: How to run files with ".application" extension

How to run files with ".application" extension

I installed a new software but when I click the shortcut icon on the desktop: Internet Explorer opens and goes to a file ".application" and then closes by itself and nothing happens. How can I run the files with ".application" extension?

Re: How to run files with ".application" extension

I've never heard of a software with suffix application. If the software does not start, it is not installed, or a file is faulty and the shortcut will not work.

Furthermore, it is not Internet Explorer that is supposed to open the software anyway. There is something odd. Sometimes it's true, the software tries to send information on the web.

Ask the company from where you got it, or the site of the software where you found it as freeware or shareware.

What software are you having?

Try to open it by Start, Run, and find the main file in the tree, there is often an icon that differentiates it from others.

If Windows is unable to open files with the extension .APPLICATION you may not have the appropriate program installed or, you may have registry errors. You can use ClickOnce to create self-updating Windows-based applications that can be installed and run with minimal user interaction. To know more about How ClickOnce Deployment Works.

A file with the APPLICATION file extension is a ClickOnce Deployment Manifest file. If double-clicking on it doesn't opens the APPLICATION file then you probably don't have an application installed that can view and/or edit APPLICATION files.

Download Microsoft .NET Framework. Worked for me. When you do all the Windows Updates after reformatting, it should ask you if you want to install this program when double-clicking the .application file. If it doesn't, manually install it, or complete the Updates.