Thread: Windows mail types in reverse

Windows mail types in reverse

My Windows Mail has started to print in reverse when I create or reply to emails. Sometimes it is ok then suddenly starts typing back to front such as sknaht instead of thanks. everything is reversed with the cursor going up to the top instead of staying at the foot. When I create a Word doc or use a website like this it is normal. Anything I can try other than a reinstall of Vista Home Premium?

Re: Windows mail types in reverse

This is due to some script running in the background due to which the text is typed reversed. One thing you can try is remove some newly installed text editor tools. Secondly run a system restore option to put back the old settings. If you using any ready made templates in your mail then change it to default. For system restore Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System restore.

Re: Windows mail types in reverse

I had uninstalled a suspect programme but it made no difference so I did a system restore back to 16 Sept as you suggested and so far I've not had reverse typing since this morning. Many thanks for the reminder about system restore as the computer has worked without incident since I got it a year ago.