Thread: Need a software for editing Vob files

Need a software for editing Vob files

Hi,
    What is a .vob file. I had received some DVD disc. Those disc comprises of video files. This files will be later on added to a presentation. Now the files are file I can edit them. But what is the additional vob folders included in the DVD disc. Does they also possess videos in them. If yes then what are the ways by which I can edit them. What are the tools available by which I can access the content of this file. Thanks anyways.

Re: Need a software for editing Vob files

VOB file is a Video object container. It is mostly used in DVD disc for the menu and subtitles. It also consist of videos, audio and other DVD content. The file types is based on mpeg 2 type format. So if you have any editor which supports mpeg file then that can be used. Other than this there are ample of tools available online. Like VobEdit, it is a small and simpl tool which is sued for joining, cutting and demultiplexing video files of a DVD. It is simply and easy to use.
    Download VobEdit

You can use Perfect Vob Editor a shareware simple tool used to edit Vob files. It is an ideal choice for editing Vob files. You can work with multiple vob files at a single time. The tool also aims at protecting the quality of the content. It is a splitter also. You can just cutoff unnecessary parts form the DVD content and set your own. You can download the same tool form the official site.

Try out VobBlanker for this purpose. It is utility used to work, edit, replace, cut and join vob files together. It is entirely a fully functional editing tool. Some of the best features of this tool is that it can run any dvd, you can split menu's, you can cut inside a menu, split multiple files, preview mode available, etc. It is just not a vob editor but also supports some other formats also.