Thread: Oxford English Dictionary (OED) on windows 7

Oxford English Dictionary (OED) on windows 7

hi

i am having problem with Oxford English Dictionary to work on windows 7. Does anyone have tried installing Oxford English Dictionary on Win 7 ? As i try to start application it disappears and no response .any help, will appreciate.
    thank you

Re: Oxford English Dictionary (OED) on windows 7

Make sure you are logged from administrator. also make sure you have installed this OED successfully without any file missing . else try this Process Monitor . Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity. It combines the features of two legacy Sysinternals utilities, Filemon and Regmon, and adds an extensive list of enhancements including rich and non-destructive filtering, comprehensive event properties such session IDs and user names, reliable process information, full thread stacks with integrated symbol support for each operation, simultaneous logging to a file, and much more

I think Oxford English Dictionary is not compatible with windows 7 .As in requirement windows 7 is not mention there is chance that it will not work on it and somehow even if it start you will face lots of control problem.

System Requirements
    • Windows: Intel Pentium 4 1.6GHz processor or equivalent (2GHz recommended); Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000.
    • Macintosh: Power PC G4 867MHz or faster processor; Intel Core Duo 2.13GHz or faster processor; Mac OS X v.10.4x or 10.5x.
    • All platforms: 512MB of RAM; 1Gb free hard disk space; minimum monitor capability: 1024 x 768 pixels and high color (16 bits per pixel, ie 65,536 colors); local CD-ROM/DVD drive (for installation); runs from hard drive only.

I think for chance you must try compatibility mode for the Oxford English Dictionary application also try right-click the setup.exe file named > Properties > Compatibility Tab. here choose Vista compatibility mode to run the program